Are you planning to visit Athens during Christmas time and you want to explore the original Christmas tastes of the City? We invite you to join our unique Christmas walking tour and get the real taste of Christmas in Athens! During this 3 hour walking tour, you will walk in the lighten up city of Athens and visit all the right places and Christmas markets in which you ‘ll sample not only Christmas tastes but also various Greek favorite products enjoyed by locals in their everyday life. Since we are proud of our local tastes and our City, you’ll have the chance to taste nutritious greek delicacies in legendary local stores and listen to exciting facts about the different delicacies we taste and the places we visit.
The plan: We meet in Syntagma Square and start our tasting walking tour by visiting great places and Christmas markets where we’ll taste 15+ local products such as:
- Traditional Christmas desserts like kourabiedes, loukoumades, melomakarona, and many more
- Salepi (seasonal warm drink)
- Local products such as olives,olive oil, honey and many more delicacies
- Cheese and meat cold cuts, traditional alcohol drinks
- Modern and traditional street food enjoyed by the Athenians like souvlaki and handmade pies
As we stroll through the lighten up streets of Athens you will listen to interesting stories about the glorious history of Athens and the modern Athenian life style. We always try to fulfill any requests you may have in order to feed your appetite!
- Local foodie guide
- Small groups (up to 8 persons)
- All the tasting mentioned above
- Private expenses
- Hotel pick-up, drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Where: Syntagma square (in front of the big fountain).
When: This tour is run on
- Monday, Wednesday @ 18:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday @ 09:00 am