The glorious history of Athens cannot only be found in its city center but also along its seaside! Join us for a unique 3-hour walking tour along the coastline of Athens. In this tour, you will experience the history of those neighborhoods, while we will have a relaxing walk by the sea along with locals who enjoy their usual walk and admire amazing views right next to the sea.
Some of the landmarks we will see are the following
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) – The new architectural jewel and environmental friendly building houses the National Opera and National Library of Greece. We will walk on its roof(!) which is converted into a beautiful park and make a quick stop to take photos of the great sea and city view. SNFCC has become very popular among locals!
- Ancient cemetery – During constructions of SNFCC this amazing cemetery from 680 BC was brought to surface and now it is under excavation. We will discuss about this important archeological site and learn more about its history and significance.
- Nerou square – An open space square between some of the most important stadiums used for the Olympics 2004 is right next to the sea and it is the perfect place for walks and one of the most popular places for concerts during summer.
- Passing by Averof Ship Museum – This battleship served as the Greek flagship during most of the first half of the century and participated in Balkan Wars, in the First and Second World War and played a vital role in the establishment of Greek predominance.
- Passing by a replica of a trireme (ancient Greek battleship)
- Floisvos Marina and park – Maybe the most popular place in the Athenian Riviera. It is the ultimate yacht destination in Greece but also a perfect place for walk while admiring this beautiful area. Here we’ ll have a short break to enjoy a refreshment by the sea!
- Visit a beautiful beach – As we reach the end of our walking tour we will walk from Floisvos park to Faliron beaches where we will discuss about the transformation of this beautiful neighborhood from an ancient port to this crowded and lively city! After the end of the tour, for those who want to enjoy swimming, without having to travel far from Athens, these beautiful beaches are a perfect choice!
- Local guide
- Small groups (up to 8 persons)
- Refreshment or coffee
- Private expenses
- Hotel pick-up, drop-ff
- Gratuities (optional)
- Saturday and Sunday @ 9.30 am
- Everyday as a private tour
- At the main entrance of Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (Evripidou & Doiranis str.)
How to reach our meeting point
- With the SNFCC shuttle bus free of charge (https://www.snfcc.org/you-the-snfcc/how-to-get-here/)
- With Bus: From the Center of Athens: Lines Β2, 550: These lines pass through the metro station Syggrou Fix where you can change means of transport. Getting off at the “Onasseio” stop on Syggrou Avenue southbound, head south in the direction of the sea, up to Evripidou Street (junction with Syggrou Avenue by-lane).
- By Tram: From the “Τzitzifies ” stop, walk towards the Navarhou Votsi street and then turn right at Peististratou street. At Peisistratou and Sahtouri street you will find the entrance of the SNFCC through its parking.
- By Trolley: Line 10 from Chalandri Square to the Epaminonda stop. Walk towards Peisistratou and Sahtouri street and you will find the entrance of the SNFCC through its parking. You can get trolley 10 from city center on Syggrou Fix bus station
For other days or more information please contact us